7/02/2008

Where here is the second part of my trip down to Honduras. I believe I left off when I had just got to Copan. Copan was a very cool city. It was like all of those really nice cities that are in the movies that are in Latin America. Copan is also surrounded by jungle; everywhere you look there is jungle. It was an awesome scene when we went to dinner the first night. I am sorry that we had to spend money on Sunday, but sometimes you just need to do just that. Jared didn’t want me to go a day without eating anything. For dinner that night we went to an American restaurant. It had two levels, and we were on the second level. It was one of the coolest things for it was quiet and it was so beautiful to see.


As you can see here is a picture of Jared and I at the restaurant. You can’t see the surroundings very well, but oh well.

The next day Jared and I went to the ruins. They were amazing to see. It was really cool to see as well with someone that believes in the same thing as you. Jared and I were talking about the Nephites and the Lamanites. We were wondering if it was a Lamanite city or a Nephite city. It was really cool for there was a huge wall that had once surrounded the entire city. This wall was very tall so we thought that it was a Nephite city, but the Lamanites could have always just have stolen the idea from the Nephites. There was also a tower that was set in the middle of a field. Now this tower was really cool. Jared had told me that if you stand on the pyramid, for that is what it actually was, you could talk normally, and someone can hear it in the humongous field. So when we got there that is one of the first things that we tried. Jared went to the top of the pyramid and spoke normally I was about fifty yards away from the pyramid. The next step to trying to figure it out was for me to go on top of the pyramid while Jared went about three football fields away. Alright it wasn’t three, but I bet that it was about two which is still very far away. That field was that big in all directions too. So when Jared got there he had to yell to me to speak. So when I did, and all I did was just raise my voice just a little. It was belly over a normal voice and Jared could still hear what I was saying.


The top was a picture of me on top of the pyramid and the bottom one is a pictures of macaws on top of the pyramid. Before Jared went out to the far end of the field he and I started to throw banana chips on the pyramid to see if we could get the macaws to come over to us. Well, as you can see they did. The picture of macaws was taken when they were only five to six feet away from us. After the whole pyramid thing we went to the see the rest of the ruins. They were just as cool. There was this one place where it looks like a stadium, and I guess that they have figured out what went on there. In the field that was in the middle of the stadium they said that the natives would play a game that was sort of like soccer and basketball there. It was told that the losers would die as well. That is one game that I would play my hardest at. By the field there is this huge staircase. They have this huge tent thing over it so it won’t get ruined by the weather. It was cool to see because on the staircase there was all this carving in it. I would hate to have to carve out all of those symbols for the stairs. Okay lets us move on with the rest of the ruins. After looking around for a while Jared and I went to the top of this huge pyramid, I mean this thing was the gigantor of the all of the pyramids there. We could see all of the ruins from the top of this pyramid. When we got to the top we sat down and eat some chips. Banana chips are really good, but after a while you get sick of them. Banana chips are also a good way to plug you up; for bananas are natural constipaters. After looking at all of the ruins, we went back to the city of Copan and get a bus back to El Progresso. That was another very long trip but it was really fun. I slept most of the way were as Jared didn’t. When we got back to El Progresso we went back to the doctor’s house. We had dinner at the mall that was in El Progresso. It was really good, but for some reason the whole time that I was down there I didn’t eat very much. It was really good food though.

I have now decided that this may be more than three parts it may be like five or six. I am trying to get two days in but this time I only got one.

3 comments:

Lynsie said...

Taylor, you're funny! I'm sure everyone wants to know that you were constipated on your trip! Ha...I wish I could have gone with you! It is beautiful!

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

Those pictures are awesome! What a neat experience and I am so glad you FINALLY did part 2!

Amy said...

I love the pictures. I am so glad you had such a good time.