7/24/2008

Honduras Part 4

I find my self on day eight, of this amazing trip, already. Well, like I said before that we were leaving Roatan a little early, and were headed back to El Progresso. It was really fun on Roatan, but I was already getting the big rock syndrome. I didn't want to be on that little island for very much longer. So Jared and I went to the airport to get a ticket to cross the water instead of taking that stupid boat again. Hopefully, I thought, that the airport won't close. Well it didn't close so that made me really happy. during the 15 min. flight Jared said that they were going to drop him off and take me back so I would have to take the boat. He said that they won't let me back until I had thrown up three more times. Well, of course they didn't take me back to Roatan. We got to the main land and caught a bus to El Progresso. That was a really long bus ride. Jared was hoping that somebody would be home at the doctors house so we didn't have to care our luggage around with us. When we got there, luckily, somebody was there to let us in. For the rest of the day I pretty much slept and then went and called home. Jared has pictures of this day. One of me and my burnt arms and pictures of the ocean from the plane. I forgot to get them from him. So Jenny Ann would you please send those to me, or you could just have Jared do that.


Day nine, the second to last day in Honduras. On this day we went shopping for gifts for everybody. We got most of the jerseys on this day. This day was also the day that we had the big BBQ. It was really fun, and the meat was really good. The only problem was that they gave me so much. My plate was full of meat and it was piled up so I had like three steaks on the plate. It was really good and the sauce that they had for the meat was amazing. One was really hot where as the other was mild, and both were really good. The thing is that Jared forgot to tell me that I had to have a dress shirt for the BBQ before I went down there so I had to use one of Jared's shirt. It is a really nice shirt unless he has done something to it.



Finally day ten, my last day. Today was a very long day. I had to get up, get all me things ready to go to the airplort, and then I had to go to the airport. That was just until I got to the airport. When I got to the airport there were no Delta people at the place that I pick up my tickets from. So Jared and I waited around for a little while and they finally came. So Jared and I went through security and waited for our planes. It was a long wait for I had an hour wait longer than Jared. After that I had a four hour flight to Atlanta, then went through customs there, and finally a four hour flight back to Salt Lake City. It was a long day. So there is my trip. I have told you everything I wanted to tell you. Have a fun day.

4 comments:

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

I am so glad you got to experience a different culture and had such a fun time doing it! Maybe you will go to Honduras on your mission.

Carrie said...

Well, I finally found time to read the rest of your Honduras trip. It sounds like you had a great time! I'm jealous that you got to go somewhere so neat. Love ya.

Amy said...

ya, Taylor. That is such a neat experience. And, I had friend who went to Honduras. I think he liked it. He was pretty touched by the poverty there, and humbled by it.
I like how you put 4 parts of your trip on your blog. It kept us waiting for more.

Jenny Ann said...

Awesome. Although I hear about the trip to honduras I never get the day by day scoop, with pictures. The only pictures that I ever see are the ones of blood and broken stuff. I found the pictures of your burnt arm and the view from the airplane. I just need to figure out a way to send them to you. Maybe I can sneak into Jareds email and get yours from his. We will see!