11/29/2010

memory #?

Okay I don't know what memory this is. Some of you are asking how can you not know. Well, one I haven't looked at my blog for a long time (2 years), I have been emailing my blog posts by my missionary email. So I don't know what memory it is, if you want to know just take the number from the last one and add 1 to it. It isn't that hard a 1st grader can do it.

Okay, back to the memory. This one is first and only Christmas that I had in the mission field. (I did have two Christmases on my mission, but one was in the MTC.) So my first and only Christmas was in Zadar, Croatia. If you have kept in touch with me you would have known that I spent part of my mission in Croatia and not in Serbia. Well, for this Christmas I first went to some of the members and had a short Christmas lesson with them. After that we had district meeting, had phone calls to the family, and while waiting for that we made banana bread. I will say this. It is one of the Christmases that I will remember the most. I didn't receive anything that day (it came about 2 months latter, stupid postal service in post-communist countries), but I did get to see Christmas in the true spirit as it should be. Helping out with those in need and talking with those that you love. I shouldn't limit this just to Christmas day, but to the Christmas season. During the Christmas season my companion and I helped deliver food to those that where helpless and couldn't leave their homes. That was always a good feeling when we were done.

That is my memory for the week. Holidays on a mission are very different from those at home with the family. Don't think that your well be different when you go on your mission.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments: