11/01/2010

Event #2

Okay, event #2 happened in Novi Sad as well. My companion and I were invited over to a house that belonged to two of our English class students. They invited us over, and when we got there they hadn't had breakfast. It was the first time for a long time that I had eggs and bacon. I hadn't had that since the MTC and this was was right before I got put into Sremska Mitrovica. It was great. I wouldn't say that this was a very spiritual experience, but I have made friend with their family because of that. If their daughter gets big with her band then I can say that I know her. She is well on her way too. I just think that if they can brake out of Serbia that they will hit it big. Back to the event. We had a very good talk about the gospel and a few other things, but it was them that helped me to learn that Serbians were great people. Most of you know that I have always said that I love the people here. It was this event that made it even stronger than it was before. There have only been a few other events that had the same effect on me. I can honestly say that I love Serbian now. Sure they can be stubborn, but they can also be some of the nicest people I have meet. I don't think that there are many people that will let you in (not knowing who you are) and just give you cake and juice to drink. They also love to talk. I think that I have heard more life stories from them than I will ever hear again on my mission.

My last thing to say to all of those that are going on a mission. Love the people. Want to get to know them. If you don't want to get to know them, then they don't want to listen or get to know you. The work will be a lot better if you get to know the people individually and as a whole. That is it for this week.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments: