11/22/2010

Memory #5

I think that I am on memory #5. I am not sure. Everything seems to me as a bler.This week has been so fast that I just think that everyday has been the same almost. That is one reason why love Sundays. It gives me a day that I know for sure what day it is. I would say p-day, but that is after Sunday, and I didn't have this memory on a p-day.

One Sunday (when I was in Novi Sad) I was trying to play the piano. Most of you know that I can't play, but a few hymns. Well, one of my companions (was the Branch President at the time) was having a interview with one of the members. He had asked for a blessing at the end of the interview. My companion asked if he could use my oil that I had. So I gave the oil over. The first counselor was the one that was going to be placing the oil on the guys head. (something that my church does when we give blessings to the sick. don't worry it is in the bible) Well, he didn't had never given a blessing before. He started off with placing his hands on the shoulders of the member. He then said the beginning of the blessing, however, he had not put the oil on until the middle of the blessing. When he did put the oil on his head he dumped the whole thing of oil on the guys head. (talk about greesy) Tp add on top of that it wasn't just the whole thing, he put it on in a shape of a cross. That was funny. When my companion handed the vilel over to me it felt a little empty. I opened it and tried to poor out more oil. EMPTY. My companion then told me the story.

Don't worry the blessing was done again the right way.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


2 comments:

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

That's pretty funny! Why don't you ever put these stories in your e-mails home? I feel like I hardly know anything that has gone on in your mission! Love you!

matt kearney said...

don't ask me how I came across your blog Elder Armstrong hahaha. but yes, I was that companion lol. That memory is still one of my top ones I have taken from my mission lol!