12/08/2013

James Bond

I want to tell you all that I love the James Bond movies, some better than others. However, I have noticed that James Bond has a few gadgets that are physically impossible to work. I am sure that some of you know which ones I am talking about.

The first one that I am going to talk about is the belt grappling hook from "Golden Eye." The reason why I say that this could never work is because of a few reasons. The first one is that there is no way to get enough energy from the belt to shoot the buckle as far as it does. You say what about an explosive. Well, it would work, but it would also blow off his hand when he launches it. Air pressure or any other kind of pressure wouldn't work either. This is because there would be no place or room to hold that much pressure.

The second one comes from "Golden Eye" as well. It is his watch that has a laser on it. I am not saying that a watch can't have a laser, but not one that is as powerful as his. He is able to burn through the floor of a train with it. At least right now I can say that isn't possible to fit a laser that powerful in a watch, but who knows about the future.

The third one is the flying car. It was in the movie "Man With the Golden Gun." The reason why this car is impossible is because of how the wings are connected to the car. The force that is required to lift that car and get it to fly would just shear the bolts, and then the wings would come off.

I think that is it for now about the impossible toys that James Bond has. I hope you had fun. 

2 comments:

Lynsie said...

Oh darn! What about MacGyver. Can you debunk his stuff?

sheriw said...

Who knows what technological advancements will come in the future, it's sure fun to imagine :) Lynsie, MacGyver is simply "undebunkable". Anyone who can do that much with only a roll of duct tape, well... they're "undebunkable"! Lol