2/11/2008

The Coolest Weekend this Month

Last weekend was the coolest. Let my start off with what happened last night. As many of you know I am the president of PLC this year. We were having a staff meeting on what our theme was going to be this year. Earlier that day Mom and Lynsie shared a scripture with me.
2 Nephi 1:21 “Arise from the dust, my sons, and be men” After praying about it and pondering upon it I decided to go with that scripture. I get to my meeting and we get to the subject of what our theme will be. I asked what everyone else chose for the theme. My secretary, Kyle Klein, said that he came up with 2 Nephi 1:20-23. I then asked how many people had come up with that theme as will. Everyone raised their hands. My feelings on this experience are indescribable by the English language. After that I knew that the Lord was directing us for some reason that we know not of. I also know for sure that the Lord guides and directs his servants in the direction he needs them.
Now from the beginning, I have heard from BYU-Id and have been accepted. I don’t know what track I am on yet for they haven’t sent that to me yet. Everyone at home is glade that I got this news for I was driving them crazy with it. So there is the good news about college.
More glad news is that I am getting my braces off in three months. I want them off so badly. It is going to feel great once they are off. Most of you know that already for you had braces when you were younger. For me though I am happy for I am a senior in high school. I will still have them off for the rest of the school year. People that make fun of others for having braces don’t have a clue what they feel like. It is pain when they tighten them up.
On Saturday I got to go to an Army Training Day. It was really fun for I got to miss with 50. caliber machine guns, M203s (grenade launcher for the M-16 A-2), and the SAW. That was really fun as well. They taught me some really cool things like how to take apart some of them. I have also decided not to join the Army for it doesn’t open the right doors that I want opened. I guess that is what I will have to tell Sergeant Johnsons. He is the guy trying to recruit me into the Army. I do have to say that I have a lot of respect for the soldiers in the Army.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Taylor,

I had braces a little late too-actually from 19 to 21, and it wasn't that fun, so I hear you on how exciting it will be to get them off. All I can say is it is a whole new world. You can actually eat without worry! So I am glad to hear the news. Are you having a caramel popcorn party?? Congrats on getting into BYU-Idaho.

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

Taylor- WHY DIDN"T YOU CALL ME WITH THE GOOD NEWS ON BYU-ID????? You are in big trouble (J/K) CONGRATS though, get ready for COLD, COLD, COLD, but then again you like the cold! I loved your story about PLC, it made me cry, so thank you for the boost today. You'll love not having braces, your teeth will feel slimy at first, it's a cool feeling. SO excited for you in everything. Love you!

Carrie said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah! I'm so excited for you. You will love BYU-I if you get involved and be social! Congrats on the braces too! Wahoo! Make sure to get some of your favorite candies that you couldn't have all the while with braces. Love you buddy!