6/18/2011

The Scottish Festival

Well, as most of you know that last weekend I went to the Scottish Festival at Thanksgiving Point. It was really fun. Some of you who were there most likely saw me in a kilt. You lucky buggers you. Yes, I did wear a kilt to the festival, and I have a right to. I am at least a quarter Scottish if not me. Plus the last name Armstrong just brings out the best of me. Then when you put me in a Scottish festival it gets even worse. I do have some pictures of me in a kilt but they are not when I was at the festival. So I will post those with this post.
"Look at this awesome person! Only real men can pull this off"

So as you can see above. I look dang good in a kilt. Now some of you are like, "I didn't know that you were like this. It is impossible." Well, all I can say is that kilts are for real men, and we Armstrongs can always pull this off.

So back to the festival. My old mission companion, Elder Jasper, went with me. Then a good friend from Serbia, Nikola, meet with us there. It was a great time to hang out with them. Of course I got some crap from them about wearing a kilt, but I did get them to call kilts, kilts and not skirts. There is a difference, not much but there is. You are probably saying what is the difference of a kilt. One is what you wear with it. You don't wear a sparan with it. You are asking, "what is a sparan?" Here is what it is. It is the little pouch thing that is in front. You can see mine in the picture above. It is black. The other thing is that we usually have a knife on the belt (which by the way is a huge belt usually.) After teaching my friends about the kilt we watched the Scottish Games that were going on. It was really cool. I might be participating in those. I don't know for sure. It would be really fun. I would have to get a lot stronger then I am now.

The only regret that I have about being at the festival is that I didn't have any haggis. I need to try this dish. I have heard some mixed likes and dislikes about haggis, and I have decided that I need to try it before I can make up my mind. Other than that I do wish I could of made it to my nephews b-day party. It was kind of sad that I didn't know where the party was and I didn't get to their house until a hour and a half after the party started.

Well, that is about it for me. See you next time.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

yeah, I wish we could have been there. You guys do look great in kilts. There's no denying it. I'm glad you had fun.

Amy said...

haggis is Nasty, but I hope you get a chance to try it someday.

I like the picture! It was neat to meet your mission companion and your friend from serbia.

Brittany & Garrett Best said...

I think it's funny that all my brothers (I don't know about Jared actually) like to wear kilts. I'm glad you had fun, we missed you at the party.